Cookie Statement 2023
Table of Contents
Cookie Statement for TrekReadyGear.com
Purpose of Cookies on TrekReadyGear.com – Cookie Statement
- Ensuring the website functions optimally and offers a user-friendly experience.
- Gaining insights into visitor traffic and the most viewed pages on our site.
- Facilitating the integration of social media on our website.
- Generating tailored advertisements based on user needs.
What is a Cookie? – Cookie Statement
- A cookie is a small text file sent from a website and stored on your computer by your web browser. Information stored in the cookie can be sent back to our servers on subsequent visits.
Usage of Permanent Cookies – Cookie Statement
- Using permanent cookies, we can recognize you on subsequent visits to our website, allowing us to tailor the site based on your preferences.
- If you have given permission for cookies, this preference is remembered using a cookie. Thus, you won’t need to specify your preferences repeatedly.
- You can delete permanent cookies through your browser settings.
Usage of Session Cookies – Cookie Statement
- Session cookies allow us to see which sections of the website you’ve viewed during your visit. This aids in optimizing our services based on user behavior.
- These cookies are automatically deleted once you close your web browser.
Advertisers’ Tracking Cookies – Cookie Statement
- With your permission, our advertisers may place “tracking cookies” on your device. These cookies track which pages you visit across their network, building a profile of your online browsing behavior.
- This profile is built using similar information they gather from your visits to other sites within their network. It is not tied to any personal data known to us, but helps tailor ads to make them as relevant as possible for you.
Google Analytics – Cookie Statement
- Our website utilizes a cookie from Google as part of the “Analytics” service. This service helps us gather data on how visitors use our website.
- Google may provide this data to third parties if legally obligated or if third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no control over this.
- Information gathered by Google is mostly anonymous; specifically, your IP address isn’t shared. This information is transferred to Google servers in the USA. Google abides by the Safe Harbor principles and is affiliated with the Safe Harbor program from the U.S. Department of Commerce, ensuring a suitable level of protection for potential personal data.
Facebook Pixel – Cookie Statement
- Our website contains a Facebook pixel, achieved through code provided by Facebook. Through this code, cookies are placed, over which we have no control. Check Facebook’s privacy statement (subject to change) for more on how they process your data through these cookies.
- The collected information is as anonymous as possible. Data is transferred and stored by Facebook on servers in the USA. Facebook adheres to the Safe Harbor principles and is affiliated with the Safe Harbor program of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Right to Access, Correct, or Delete Your Data
- You have the right to request access, corrections, or deletions of your data. You can submit this request via our contact form.
- To prevent misuse, we may ask you to verify your identity, especially when it pertains to personal data linked to a cookie. In such cases, please provide a copy of the cookie in question, which can be found in your browser settings.
Activating, Deactivating, and Deleting Cookies
- Information about turning on, off, and deleting cookies can be found in the instructions or help function of your browser.
More Information on Cookies
- For additional details about cookies, consider visiting their representing websites.
Sharing is nice:
Meet Dennis, an enthusiast of the great outdoors. For the past 15 years, he’s maintained a daily routine that includes running, hiking, and hitting the gym, embodying a commitment to an active and healthy lifestyle.
Dennis is a true advocate for the joy and rejuvenation that outdoor living can bring.